Collection of your personal information
When Molecular Software, LLC collects any personal information on our corporate web site, we will express our need for the personal data at the point of collection. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. Some of the reasons we collect your personal information include:
- participation in discussion groups
- collaboration efforts
- registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- provide registered users a more personalized and meaningful experience on the Molecular Software, LLC web site.
- Uses of your personal information
- We will only use your personal information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your personal information include:
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on the Molecular Software, LLC or affiliate web sites. Personal information may be collected to administer those programs.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and web sites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. Molecular Software, LLC does not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address.
- To meet contract obligations.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We need your help in keeping the personal information you have shared with us accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information. Most of our sites allow you to make these updates yourself online via a particular program's member pages.
Subscriptions to newsletters can be managed through the Molecular Software, LLC web site. In addition, each email newsletter includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
You may also unsubscribe from Molecular Software, LLC's newsletters by sending a letter, including your name, email address and the title of the marketing material you wish to unsubscribe from to:
Molecular Software, LLC
2018 Woven Trail
Lewisville, TX 75067
Non-personal information collection
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
Sharing your personal information
In some instances, Molecular Software, LLC may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the Molecular Software, LLC web site.
We may share your personal information within Molecular Software, LLC or any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your personal information with authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We only provide third-party agents with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete the requested service or transaction.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your personal information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third party for any other reason.
We may customize web sites or newsletters for certain users based on the information they previously provided or that was collected through Molecular Software, LLC web sites in order to enhance the overall web experience.
Security of your personal information
Molecular Software, LLC is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. We utilize a combination of security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
When we transfer sensitive personal data (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Molecular Software, LLC web sites utilize cookies, although you can still access most of them even if you choose to disable cookies in your browser. Some web sites will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled.
We also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail newsletters in order to count how many newsletters (or particular articles, links, etc.) are being accessed.
Current versions of web browsers offer enhanced user controls regarding the placement and duration of both first and third party cookies. Search for "cookies" under your web browser's Help menu for more information on cookie management features available to you.
Molecular Software, LLC will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Linked web sites
Our web sites may provide links to other third-party web sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites.
Molecular Software, LLC newsgroups and forums are public. Please consider this before posting material to them.
Molecular Software, LLC does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Molecular Software, LLC encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child's online experience safer:
- Teach children never to give personal information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for web site privacy policies. Know how your child's information is treated.
- Please visit the FTC's web site for more tips on protecting children's privacy online.
Transfer of personal information
We may transfer your personal information to other Molecular Software, LLC subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage.
Questions or comments?